Create an Acumatica User for DataSelf
Email email@example.com with:
- Your Acumatica URL
- Acumatica Tenant(s) to extract data from
- An Acumatica user credentials:
- You might use an existing user or create a new one. If you create a new one: name it dataself with email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Minimum roles: "Anonymous". For Acumatica v2020 R2 or newer: "OData v4".
- Depending on the Acumatica security settings, the Anonymous role won't be enough for OData extraction.
- Set up the password to never expire.
Important: Depending on your Acumatica security setup, you might need to add/remove additional roles. For instance, restricting the user to access one branch data only.
Recommended: Also add the following roles so DataSelf might be able to provide further support: Administrator, BI, Customizer, DashboardDesigner, ReportDesigner.
How to Create Users in Acumatica
Important: Only people properly trained in Acumatica should make changes to its settings. Please consult your Acumatica VAR for assistance.
How to set up the DataSelf user in Acumatica:
- Log to Acumatica selecting the correct tenant
- Search for "users" in the Acumatica search box
- Select Users (under Menu Items → User Security → User Management)
- Click the '+' icon
- Enter a login (ex: dataself)
- Be sure to check the box for "Password Never Expires"
- Enter a DataSelf email address (ex: support @ dataself.com)
- On the Roles tab, select the following roles:
- For Acumatica 202 R2 or newer: OData v4
- Recommended: Administrator, BI, Customizer, DashboardDesigner, ReportDesigner.
- Click the Save icon
- Provide the Acumatica user credentials above to DataSelf (888-910-9802 x2, or support @ dataself.com).