ETL+ Log Page
Rows Retrieved. Limits the number of log rows displayed.
Refresh. Reloads the log rows. (F5)
Log Type Selection: Select ETL Log or Table Stats.
Close. Go back to the prior ETL+ page.
Help. Click to open documentation for this ETL+ page in a web browser (shortcut F1)
Version number: format:
Date Time: DateTime stamp for each log line. By default, the logs is listed by this column in descending order (latest lines at the top). Click the header to sort it desc/ascending.
ETL+ User name and Entity for the current session.
ETL Log vs. Table Stats
Click a column header to sort the log by the values in that column.
See also ETL+ Logging | Where-to-Find-Logs
Index. Serially assigned value.
Steps. Log description.
1 = A task ETL+ executed.
2 =The start of a Refresh Batch.
3 = Total Refresh Time of an individual or set of ETL+ tasks.
4 = Start of a Upload Now task.
Entity_Key. Internal key corresponding to a ETL+ Entity.
DeviceUserName. Concatenation of a server name
MachineUserName Only available for admin users. Identifies the Windows username running ETL+.
DTBegin. Date-time stamp process began.
TableName. Name of data warehouse table loaded (refreshed).
Seconds. Time in seconds to execute the process.
Append. See ETL+ Table Load Types
RowsBefore. Number of rows in TableName at DTBegin (before processing).
RowsDeleted. Number of rows in TableName deleted.
RowsKept. Number of rows in TableName not updated.
RowsUpdated. Number of rows in TableName upserted. (LoadType =
Value = 0 when LoadType not
RowsAfter. Number of rows in TableName after process complete.
Where to Find Logs
Cloud Log Tables
ETL+ logs its loads and script runs on ETL+ cloud metadata tables. This allows users to retrieve their log anywhere and anytime ETL+ is connected to its cloud metadata (see section above).
Local Windows Server Log Files
DataSelf ETL+ creates log files in the Windows folder where ETL+ is installed:
The default log is named “Log <EntityID>.txt”.
When debug mode is set to Level 1 or 2 (see ETL+ Settings Page), then a second file named “Log <EntityID>_Debug.txt” is created and contains more log details. This log file can grow very quickly when debug is set to Level 2.
Data Warehouse Log Tables
ETL+ also logs on the data warehouse tables below. This is the same information as presented on the ETL+ log page:
Data Load and Running Scripts On-Screen Log
ETL+ logs on screen (see image) when executing the following tasks directly on the user interface:
- Table load
- Data source load
- Executing a Refresh Batch
1. Object Group: Blank if loading a single table. <Source Alias> when loading all tables from a data source. <Refresh Batch Name> when executing a Refresh Batch.
2. Progress Counter: Lists the current object number, the total objects to process, and percent progress.
3. Object currently processing: The name of the object currently processing. For some objects, it might provide additional information such as number of rows loaded.
4. List of Objects Executed: Lists all objects that have been executed and their status.
5. Data Warehouse Tables: Shows tables and their status such as rows loaded/replaced/updated/appended.
6. Tableau Extracts and other Scripts: Shows their names and status.