DataSelf's fully hosted (cloud based) solution for Automatic Distribution of Tableau views and dashboards.
- The latest releases of Cloud AD use DataSelf ETL+ as the interface between users and the cloud server.
DSA Cloud AD with ETL+
See diagram below. ETL+ replaces Devart for Excel.
DSA Cloud AD with Devart for Excel Context Diagram
Report & Distribution Commands are easiest to maintain in Microsoft Excel. The commands in Excel are transferred to DSA Cloud AD using DataSelf's ETL+ (or in some cases Microsoft Excel with Devart for Excel Add-on) installed on a server or Windows desktop at your site. The Add-on allows Report & Distribution Commands to be maintained remotely.
- AD Commands Database stores the Report & Distribution Commands table which drives the operations of DSA Cloud AD.
- The Tableau Web Server can be hosted anywhere. DSA Cloud AD can work remotely with Tableau Web Server over the internet.
- We strongly recommend sending the out going emails through your companies email server.
For more see: Out Going Email Servers for Automatic Distribution
Batches Run by Schedule & Run on Demand
A batch is a set of Report & Distribution Commands saved in a table. Batches are usually run by a scheduler. Batches can also be run on demand from special pages available on Tableau Web Server. DataSelf will create a run-on-demand page for each batch.
The Report & Distribution commands tell DSA Cloud AD:
- Which Tableau view, report, dashboard, or workbook to run.
- The filter values to run it with.
- The format of the output (e.g. optional PDF options)
- What email addresses to send the output to.
- Email subject line & optional brief message in email body.
Obtaining Technical Support
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Copy email@example.com.
- Report & Distribution Commands
- Checklist for emailing as PDF or PNG - How to use the Report & Distribution Commands
- Formatting PDF Output from Tableau
- CSV ("crosstab") Output
- Out Going Email Servers for Automatic Distribution